Thursday, November 17, 2011

Juice Can Creation


 Love juice cans!

This project is simple and sweet!
Great project for kids to do as well.
 I get a kick out of  Christmas gifts that make me smile or giggle. 




To start with I measured the overall felt piece by simply rolling it around the can and cutting off the excess.



Then I folded it in half vertically to get my exact measurement for the inside.


Next I cut out my tree and birds from scraps of felt . You can use a fabric glue to temporarily secure them to the overall piece. The glue would most likely be better for kids. There is always a fusible web too.
Use what makes it best for you.
I just pinned my pieces in place.







Then using different colors of floss stitched around outside each piece as well as added decorative accents.
Let your imagination be your guide.  





 

 These little white birds on blue make me feel SO HAPPY! 



Hope you enjoyed this one.
as always , create with joy,
Tammy







For pattern pieces click on the picture to your right and enlarge it as needed when
printing.
 Enjoy!

No comments: