Friday, November 18, 2011

Falling Leaves Placemat

 Thanksgiving is only a week away and the wonderful colors of fall will go back into my storage bins until next year. ( I am making a sad face not......sigh)
  But, hey the brighter side is CHRISTMAS is in the air!!  (big grin now....giggle)  I thought my readers may want a last minute idea to adorn the Thanksgiving table, dinner or accent .  This is fun and quick!  Especially if you do all your stitching with your sewing machine.
 


For the mat itself I used black felt cut with my pinking rotary cutter. No stitching required......I liked this a lot. 




The shape of the leaves were inspired from a gorgeous wall quilt I saw on line. They have the illusion of falling. I actually hand stitched them in place with opposite colors of floss and gold filament thread (to add little glitz). The fun part for me was stitching the trail of the leaves and wind in just the gold filament thread, it gives the illusion of movement.


I love to sew, I love the look of stitches. Using bright orange, tan, and beige leaves on the black background I can't help but smile when I see it. Ah, fall how sweet it was. 

I hope you enjoyed this project and will give it a go. Enjoy the weekend and I will be sending more fun stuff your way soon!  If you make one or use the general idea......please send me pictures and your comments.

as always , create with joy,
Tammy

No comments: